Detour: Northshore goes on vacation



It's summertime and the livin' is easy... This past Sunday, I was visiting the wonderful beaches of Gulf Shores, Alabama. It's a frequent vacation spot of many families to visit, and I don't think I've ever had brunch in the area. So what do I do while on vacation? I take a trip to Bill's By the Beach! Read below and see how Justin and I enjoyed our beachview brunch!




Food:

Bill's offers a Weekend Brunch menu along with a standard lunch/dinner menu. The brunch menu was filled with various options, so I went for the Southern Style Surf & Turf Benedict. The dish consisted of 2 poached eggs sitting on top of a flaky crab cake, spicy sausage, and a biscuit. The benedict was topped with hollandaise sauce and was served with a side of grilled potatoes. First off, WOW... this benedict was probably one of the bests I've ever had. The eggs were cooked to perfection. The crab cake was sweet and the sausage was salty and spicy. The biscuit was soft and fluffy.... I have no complaints what so ever. The potatoes were average, but didn't damper my brunch. The price was $16 for the plate that was presented beautifully. I really have no complaints!

Quality: 10/10
Price: 9/10
Presentation 9/10
Total: 28/30


Alcohol:

I had read on various Yelp reviews that Bill's had a daily mimosa special for $2. I walked in ready to order this super cheap drink, but FORTUNATELY my waitress informed us that the $2 mimosa wasn't "worth my time." I opted to get the $4 mimosa instead, which was served in a large wine glass. Apparently the $2 mimosa was about 3 ounces... which is definitely not worth my time, lol. The mimosas champagne to juice proportion was great. While the orange juice was more than my preference, the champagne bubbles were still visibly popping as I sipped my 2 mimosas... (which actually gave me a nice buzz by the end of brunch)! The drink menu is huge! They have a separate bar area from the restaurant that offers great options for brunch drinks, and they provide anything else your heart desires. Only problem... they don't believe in 'go-cups'; partially, because it's Alabama and we are spoiled in Louisiana when we want to take our drinks out with us.

Transparency: 6/10
Price: 10/10
Other drinks/specials: 10/10
Total: 26/30

Restaurant:

Kathy was our fabulous waitress! She had a spunky attitude that made me want to laugh. She was a sweet older lady, and had a young sense of humor. I would 100% recommend her to anyone as a waitress at Bill's. The restaurant was right across the street from the beach and offered a great view, whether sitting inside or outside. We sat by the window where the lighting was bright and welcoming. The restaurant was empty when we got there at around 10:30, but by the time we were leaving, the restaurant began to fill up!

Service: 10/10
Atmosphere: 7/10
Ambience: 10/10
Total: 27/30


Guest Review: Justin Gregory

The food and service was great, the drinks were mixed well, and the waitress was funny. I got scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, and a wheat bagel with cream cheese. Overall, I was very satisfied with everything.

Guest Score: 23/30

Overall Score: 104/120


If you are interested in learning more about Bill's by The Beach, check out their website!


Thanks so much for reading! If you have any suggestions for future stops on the Northshore, let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts