Basic Brunch Does Southern Decadence

Summer is almost over and what better way to end it with a weekend spent in the quarter! I spent Labor Day Weekend at Southern Decadence and had the time of my life. I saw so many fun, creative, and fabulous costumes and felt the love every second! Read on to hear about my weekend and where I brunched.

Friday morning, we kicked off the weekend with a stop at Broussard's for a very special event: Queen B's Drag Brunch! The table was set and ready to go for the show, and of course, I ordered the bottomless mimosas. Priced only at $15, the mimosas are served as a glass of champagne with a mini carafe of OJ. So you can make 'em how you like 'em!


I went with 2 great friends, Kayla and Renee, and we were super excited to enjoy a fun show filled with good food and day drinking! I ordered the Napoleon Benedict for my entree and the Lemon Tart as my dessert. Renee had the Pain Perdu and Kayla had the Shrimp & Grits and Bread Pudding. I tried all of the food and had no complaints! Each dish is priced reasonably with great portions, as well! (scroll for some pics)


I'm normally a very happy person, but obviously food makes me even happier. The drag show was absolutely fun! With 4 different queens, we were in for a treat. Each queen had 2 costume changes, all themed with the genre/style of music they were singing.  They kept the crowd cheering and laughing with their energetic and lively show.. and they even gave us cookies!


After our fair share of mimosas and fun, we decided to continue day drinking in the quarter with stops at The Carousel Bar in Hotel Monteleone, Hermes Bar at Anotine's, Corner Pocket, and Black Penny. Let's just say daydrinking was a success! I continued weekend festivities each night as well.

 





Life sometimes gets crazy and we forget to realize the beauty and sweetness we expereince everyday! I hope each and every one of you enjoyed your Labor Day Weekend as much as I did, and continue to have delicious and fun brunches in your future!

xOXo
-Alyssa






Comments

Popular Posts