Welcome

brunch
noun \ˈbrənch\

According to the merriam-webster site, brunch is defined as "a meal usually taken late in the morning that combines a late breakfast and an early lunch. On the other hand, UrbanDictionary's take on brunch is a: "Contraction of breakfast and lunch, usually occurring around the hour of 11 a.m. Typically reserved for snobs and biddies who like tea and jam."

I would like to first state, I am neither a snob or biddie, but I do enjoy a late meal on Sundays. Instead of tea and jam, I'll swap it out for mimosas and bacon. So who am I?

Alyssa. I am a 23 year old native of Metairie (suburb of New Orleans), Louisiana. Being so close to New Orleans almost my entire life, I've been spoiled with endless selections of brunch, which include bacon, bottomless mimosas, waffles, lox... I mean the options are endless, if you really think about it. 

I have lots of girlfriends that are firm believers of brunch and I have a loving boyfriend that's okay when brunch last 10 hours... (because sometimes it does).

So now let's get to the point of this blog. I recently moved back to my college town of Hammond, Louisiana. If you're from the area, you'll also understand my reference to the 'northshore'; anywhere north of New Orleans, immediately across Lake Pontchartrain. (I'm too lazy to post a map). Anyhow... I have yet to discover any brunch places that I deem "top-notch" in Hammond, Louisiana. My ultimate goal is to find the BEST brunch spot anywhere from Hammond to Slidell (northshore). 

I am taking recommendations in the comments below, so if you know of any place that is in the area, please share them with me! If you aren't from the area, and you're just along for the ride, then I hope you enjoy what I have to say about brunch.

My brunch spots will be scored in 4 categories, each category equalling 30 points for a total score of 120:
  1. Food
    • Quality
    • Price
    • Presentation
  2. Alcohol (preferably mimosas)
    • Transparency (the more transparent, the higher the score)
    • Price (Bottomless option +5)
    • Other drink selections/specials
  3. Restaurant
    • Service
    • Atmosphere
    • Ambience 
  4. Guest Score
    • I will have at least one friend join me on my brunch adventures and have them rate the brunch experience on a scale of 1-30.
I know, I know this all sounds crazy and tedious... but I am determined to make this a successful adventure that's filling and fun!

Thanks for following me on my journey!


-xoxo Alyssa


Comments

Popular Posts